Friday, July 24, 2009

Who Doesn't Love a Wedding?


I went to a wedding this weekend to assist my friend who is a dj. The wedding was at a really cool barn outside of the city and was about and hour away. As the crowd started to show up I couldn't help but notice the casual attire on some of the guests. One girl, for instance, thought it was appropriate to wear a jean skirt that was shorter than the length of the front interior pockets. I saw some khaki jeans in attendance, which weren't to be outdone by the crowning glory...(try hard to picture this), a short sleeved, purple-cotton t-shirt, black skinny jeans, and black Chuck Taylor's, aka, Converse All-Stars. Luckily, the jeans covered the "All Star" patches. I'm guessing it's not because she knew it was false advertising.

I kid you not, if someone showed up at my wedding dressed this way they would be immediately sent home and taken off my Facebook friend list. I'm serious. I don't think it's a bridezilla issue as much as, well, a wedding is a wedding. Just because not everyone can afford a $26,000 wedding, (the average rate in Pittsburgh in '07) doesn't mean that their guests have the right to treat it like they're meeting for a smoke in the alley before gym class. I don't know, maybe I'm just more traditional than I thought.

The worst part about this crappy little story is that's pretty much all there is to it. You would think that since one guy was wearing a Harley Davidson button down and ZZ Top showed up and got out of the car with two cans of beer that there would be some good stories. Lamest wedding ever. They stood at the bar drinking and smoking the whole time and only decided to dance the last half hour of the reception. Thank the Lord that there were kids there to make it appear as if someone was having fun. The bride danced to maybe four songs at her own wedding.

The biggest surprise of the night was when I looked at the list of music preferences, there was just one rule; No Kid Rock. Who'd have thought?! It took us 12 minutes to break down the dj equipment and get the hell out of there.

No comments: