Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Exhibits and Events

Bellydance Book Launch
So this is the time of year when life gets a little more exciting.  There are events and exhibits to see all over town and the holidays are approaching.  Everyone seems to get out an enjoy life a little more in the fall...well, no, I seem to get out and enjoy life a little more in the fall.  My friend and I went to Phipps Conservatory last year for a night club event they hosted.  Every year, they turn the gardens into a night club equipped with a DJ and food from restaurants all over Pittsburgh.  It's a great night out where you get to walk around and mingle and take in the exhibit.  It's not a bar and you're not stuck at a table in a restaurant if you have energy you need to burn.

This October 22, a Thursday, it will be Club Casa.  The admission is $40 and they give you three drink tickets for the event.  Ishtar, a local band, will be playing their "belly-rock" for people to groove to as they take in the vibe of Phipps on a cool autumn evening.  Nice...  The art on display this year will be the sculptures of Hans Godo Frabel.  Garden glass art is the perfect backdrop for an urban night out in the gardens of Pittsburgh.

Sorry if that all came out as a little cheesy but I LOVE this event and I love Phipps Conservatory.  Actually, I love anything that gets me out of the suburbs.  The web address is down below if you want to check it out.  I obviously highly recommend it.

http://phipps.conservatory.org/exhibits-and-events/featured-event.aspx?eventid=254

No comments: