Sunday, October 4, 2009

TGIFall

I spent the summer mildly depressed because I am so completely broke.  That's a lie; I was depressed about not having a closet full of awesome clothes.  I gained weight and summer clothes were more revealing than what I was hoping to wear.  That's a lie again.  Since I gained weight, my clothes were more revealing than I wanted them to be.

I couldn't help but notice that if you have nothing to wear in the summer you really have nothing to wear.  I think I made the mistake of giving away all of my summer clothes last winter.  I'm pretty sure I thought summer wasn't going to happen this year; it might be a passing fad, like the cell phone.

Anyway, my point is, fall is the best season for human kind to walk confidently in something that really makes a statement as to who they really are.  I don't have much in my closet but I have a few staples that will make me appear to have some cute outfits.  Skinny jeans.  You have to keep your ass under control for these but if you can do it they are a big bonus.  I have two pairs of boots that look nice and with skinny jeans I can show them off and people get to see I have some kind of taste.  Whether it's good or bad is up to the viewer.

Black turtle necks.  Conservative and terrific.  Black is slimming, which is great, especially in November through February.  When you wear black tops with cute jeans and all you need is to accessorize.  That is much cheaper than going out and buying an entire wardrobe so you just grab some cheap costume jewelry and a pair of flats.  They look great with some flared jeans, too.  And not to be forgotten are my two faves: scarves and handbags.  These two items are clutch in leading people to assume you have style and more than some concert tees and ripped jeans.  Two items more, in my case.

My goal is to embrace the few things that I do have to wear and enjoy my life.  I am the kind of person that can definitely get caught up in wanting more stuff and it's just depressing.  I realized recently that when the weekends come around and I'm home with my family that the clothes and things I wish for on the weekdays just don't matter to me.

I'm really not that vapid that I want to sit here and post about clothes.  I really just want to make a difference in the world.  So, if one person reads this and realizes they they, too, can trick themselves into thinking they do indeed have something to wear, then, I have accomplished my mission.

No comments: