Monday, October 12, 2009

Self Help

Party Activists Riot In Karachi After Killing Of Leader
My mom told me that I seem to be grouchy lately.  She's right.  I have been in a bad mood for the past 33 years and it's been punctuated with a few moments of fleeting happiness.  I am sick of tolerating people and I also have realized that maybe I just don't really care for others.  I basically enjoy my family, and the friends who I like the most are the ones that I know the least.  There's less room for disappointment and irritation that way.  The more I get to know most people the more I wish I didn't.

I like my son.  He's funny and sweet and generally well-behaved.  After I had him and he got old enough I also realized that I stopped liking other people's kids.  I have trained mine to be the kind of human being I like and can tolerate for extended periods of time.  There is yelling involved but not as much as when I am around other people's kids and all of the yelling I do inside my head.  Their kids haven't been trained by me, therefore, I usually don't like them.

I have spent several years trying to be nice and be in good moods for the benefit of other people.  When you do that they treat you worse.  I will still pretend to be nice, but just know that internally I am making fun of everyone, equally, and probably also working on a strong dislike for most of the public I have to associate with.  I think what I really want to do is stop discriminating against my friends and family and just start getting angry at them all whenever I feel like it now.  That way, when I decide to go ape shit on some unsuspecting stranger they can rest assured knowing I treated them like they were a part of my own beloved family.  That's special.


No comments: